Occupational Part Qualification: Work Based Learning Practitioner
This part qualification is designed to equip the learner with the necessary knowledge, skills and work experience plan, implement and evaluate work based learning interventions in an occupational context. The credits of this programme contributes towards the Occupational Certificate: Learning and Development Practitioner, level 5.
This part qualification is an essential building block in realising these national priorities. Many of the skills development priorities, nationally and within companies and organisations, are met through the efforts of work based learning practitioners.
The programme also places emphasis on the educational strategy that provides learners with real-life work experiences where they can apply knowledge and technical skills, and develop their employability through work based learning.
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme you will be able to plan, implement and evaluate work based learning interventions in an occupational context.
PROGRAMME LEARNING UNITS
Knowledge component (14 Credits)
1. Facilitation of learning in an occupational contexts.
- Principles and models for facilitation planning and preparation
- Facilitation principles, techniques and tools
- Evaluating, reviewing and reporting on facilitation
2. Work based learning.
- Delivery models (learnerships, internships, experiential learning, apprenticeships)
- Planning and scheduling work based learning
- Facilitation of work based learning
- Evaluation of learner progression
Practical skills component (8 Credits)
3. Facilitate experiential work based learning.
- Develop an experiential work based learning plan and implementation schedule
- Conduct a task focused learning session
- Establish a mentorship relationship
Workplace experience component (8 Credits)
4. Facilitate a work based learning and development process.
- Facilitate the implementation of a work based learning and development intervention under the guidance of a subject matter expert
It is assumed that learners entering this programme are competent on Level 4 with Communication.
RPL for access to the qualification: Khulisane and approved workplaces may recognise prior learning against the relevant access requirements. Application forms are available from our offices.
RPL for access to the external integrated summative assessment: Khulisane and workplaces must confirm prior learning by issuing a statement of result or certifying a work experience record.
Programme Duration: 4 Days training on knowledge and practical components
1 Month to prepare for internal assessment.
2 Weeks of work experience.
Internal assessment: Portfolio of evidence will be submitted within one month after the training. Assessment activities include evaluating all documentation produced during the process and questioning to test knowledge and ability to apply. This assessment leads to entrance into the Integrated External Summative Assessment (EISA).
External Integrated Summative Assessment (EISA): The EISA will be conducted through the relevant QCTO Assessment Quality Partner (AQP). The EISA will focus on the exit level outcome and associated assessment criteria. The external assessment will be conducted through a theoretical assessment by an assessor registered by the AQP at approved assessment centres.
Certification: The QCTO will issue the certificate to successful candidates after completion of the EISA.
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to study towards the occupation as Training and Development Practitioner/Learning and Development Practitioner.