Occupational Part Qualification: Learning and Development Facilitator
REGISTRATION IN PROCESS
This part qualification is designed to equip the learner with the necessary knowledge, skills and work experience to plan, conduct and evaluate a learning intervention. The credits of this programme contributes towards the Occupational Certificate: Learning and Development Practitioner, level 5.
This part qualification is an essential building block in realising these national priorities. Many of the skills development priorities, nationally and within companies and organisations, are met through the efforts of learning and development facilitators.
The programme also places emphasis on the educational strategy that provides learners with real-life work experiences where they can apply knowledge and technical skills, and develop their employability through work based learning.
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme you will be able to facilitate learning in an occupational context utilising adult learning principles and techniques.
PROGRAMME LEARNING UNITS
Knowledge component (16 Credits)
1. The statutory learning and development environment.
- The statutory framework that governs the South African Qualification Authority
- The statutory and regulatory framework that governs the occupational skills development environment
- The statutory and regulatory framework that governs skills development funding
- National occupational skills development structures, policies and priorities
2. Facilitation of learning in an occupational context.
- Principles and models for facilitation planning and preparation
- Facilitation principles, techniques and tools
- Evaluating, reviewing and reporting on facilitation
Practical skills component (12 Credits)
3. Facilitate different methodologies, training styles and techniques within an occupational learning context.
Plan and prepare to facilitate a learning intervention
Facilitate the learning intervention
Reflect on the effectiveness of own facilitator role
Workplace experience component (8 Credits)
4. Facilitate an occupational learning session.
Facilitate a contextualised learning and development session under the guidance of a subject matter expert
It is assumed that learners entering this programme are competent on Level 4 with Communication.
RPL for access to the qualification: Khulisane and approved workplaces may recognise prior learning against the relevant access requirements. Application forms are available from our offices.
RPL for access to the external integrated summative assessment: Khulisane and workplaces must confirm prior learning by issuing a statement of result or certifying a work experience record.
Programme Duration: 4 Days training on knowledge and practical components
1 Month to prepare for internal assessment.
2 Weeks of work experience.
Internal assessment: Portfolio of evidence will be submitted within one months after the training. Assessment activities include evaluating all documentation produced during the process and questioning to test knowledge and ability to apply. This assessment leads to entrance into the Integrated
External Summative Assessment (EISA).
External Integrated Summative Assessment (EISA): The EISA will be conducted through the relevant QCTO Assessment Quality Partner (AQP). The EISA will focus on the exit level outcome and associated assessment criteria. The external assessment will be conducted through a theoretical assessment by an assessor registered by the AQP at approved assessment centres.
Certification: The QCTO will issue the certificate to successful candidates after completion of the EISA.
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to study towards the occupation as Training and Development Practitioner/Learning and Development Practitioner.