National Certificate: Generic Management
The purpose of the qualification is to equip managers with the skills and knowledge to manage first line managers, including team leaders, supervisors, junior managers, section heads and foremen.
ONLY : R30 000.00 (Excl. VAT) per delegate
On completion of this program learners will be able to:
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit
- Lead and manage a team of first line managers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness
- Build relationships with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain
- Apply the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks
- Enhance the development of teams and team members
|Module 1 Team Strategies and Plans|
|Module 2 Manage Risk, Knowledge, Finance and Ethics|
|Module 3 Lead and Manage Teams|
|Module 4 Monitor and Measure Performance|
|Module 5 People Development|
|Module 6 Manage Relationships|
It is assumed that the learner accessing this qualification is competent in:
- Communication at NQF Level 4
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4
The qualification can be achieved wholly or in part through recognition of prior learning in terms of the defined Exit Level Outcomes and/or individual unit standards.
Training Program Duration: 27 Contact days spaced over 12 months.
Assessment: The purpose of the qualification is achieved via demonstration of competence in terms of the exit level
outcomes, which in turn are a function of the associated unit standards. Candidates will be assessed in an integrative manner
per exit level outcome according to the qualification rules.
Certification: Learners receive certification from the SETQAA.
Qualification: 59201 – National Certificate: Generic Management
The skills, knowledge and understanding demonstrated within this qualification are essential for the creation of a talent pool of experienced and effective middle managers that represents the demographics of the South African society. This qualification will create a leadership cadre for the South African society throughout multiple industries and sectors both private and public.
The target group therefore is anyone already employed in middle management but lacking the knowledge and skills, or anyone being considered for promotion to middle management.
This qualification aims to empower learners to acquire the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to operate confidently as individuals in South African communities and to respond to the challenging economic environment and constantly changing world of work. Ultimately, this qualification will improve the effectiveness and leadership abilities of middle managers in various occupations in South Africa, in private and public business entities as well as non-governmental organisations. For this reason, the word ‘entity’ includes a company, business unit, public institution, small business or non-profit organisation.