Occupational Learning System (OLS)
Prepare your HR team, Learning & Development employees and Education & Training practitioners for the new Occupational
Learning System (OLS) with this leading edge information, offered at Khulisane Academy or in-house at your organisation.
The Quality Council for Trades & Occupations (QCTO) now assumes responsibility for the quality assurance and standards
setting of workplace related learning on the NQF – this will have a direct impact on occupational learning programmes and
strategies in the public and private sector.
Prepare your organisation for the shift by understanding the new system, and by being an active participant in its fine-tuning
during the critical transitional year. Companies and government departments need to begin aligning their training strategies
and employees with these new changes, which begin as a consequence of the Skills Development Amendment Act 2008,
and the NQF Act 2008.
The new skills development system simplifies, streamlines and improves our training institutions and processes. It aims
to reduce wastage of time and resources, and more tightly focus the system on meeting the real-time skills demands of
the labour market, with the intention of improving the quantity and quality of employment opportunities, and the relevance of
learning to the workplace.
Attending the workshop will empower your L&D teams and ETD practitioners to understand and benefit from the improvements in the new system, as well as be in a position to provide meaningful feedback and input to the shaping of the new system in its transitional phase. This is crucial if industry and labour want the OLS to effectively meet their skills needs.
• Components of the OLS
• How qualifications are developed
• How qualifications are delivered
• How providers are accredited and workplaces approved
• How quality assurance works
• How artisans are developed
• Benefits and opportunities for Employers
• Benefits and opportunities for Providers
• Benefits and opportunities for Labour
• Preparing the way forward
Training Programme Duration: 1 Day
• HR & Training Managers
• Training Providers & Consultants
• Trainers, coaches, mentors and assessors
• SDFs & Training Committee Members
• HR Officers
• EE and BEE Managers
• Shop Stewards & Union Officials