Occupational Health and Safety Training
The purpose of this programme is to equip learners with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to apply occupational
health and safety and environmental principles.
On completion of the programme learners will be able to:
• Perform basic fire fighting
• Apply occupational health and safety and environmental principles
• Maintain occupational health and safety and general housekeeping
• Demonstrate knowledge and application of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 85 of 1993 (OHSA) (as amended) and the responsibilities of management in terms of the Act.
Delegates wishing to enroll on this programme should have:
• Knowledge of the workplace in terms of the jobs performed by people on a team, procedures required of them and
experience of dealing with problems and processes in the workplace
• NQF 1 or General Education and Training Certificate;
• Fire Fighting Standard (NQF level 1);
• Emergency Care Standard (NQF Level 1).
Training Programme Duration: 4 Days
Assessment: Learners will be formatively assessed in the classroom by means of activities.
Certification: Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance after completion of the programme.
• OHS Compliance representative
• All management