Managing Skills Development
The purpose of this programme is to equip learners with the skills and competencies to facilitate and manage skills development in an organisation.
On completion of this programme learners will be able to:
- Conduct an analysis of learning needs within the current and potential scope of provision and assessment
- Evaluate the provider’s current management of learnin
- Plan development of learning programs, learning provision and assessments
- Contribute to and promote ETD policies and quality assurance procedures within the organization
- Support the ETD team
- Monitor and review learning provision, assessment and related systems
- Develop guidelines for implementing the organisational assessment plan
Candidates should already be familiar with quality management processes. Added to this, candidates should have an understanding of the outcomes-based education and training approach within the context of a National Qualifications Framework, know how to conduct outcomes-based assessment as well as how to design and develop outcomes-based assessments.
RPL against this unit standard is allowed.
Training Programme Duration: 5 Days.
Assessment: A portfolio of evidence will be submitted within twelve weeks of completing the training.
Certification: This includes obtaining endorsement from the ETDQA.
15221 Provide information and advice regarding skills development and related issues
15228 – Advise on the establishment and implementation of a quality management system for skills development practices in an organisation
263982 – Manage assessment in a learning organisation
116811 – Manage learning at an education, training and development organisation
This unit standard is for managers and leaders involved in evaluating, planning, managing and supporting the systems and processes of the assessment of learning, in General, Further and Higher education, training and skills development.