The purpose of this programme is to equip the learner with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to start up a new
venture or maintain an existing venture.
On completion of this programme learners will be able to:
• Identify and assess own business ideas/opportunities for a new venture.
• Analyse the viability of a selected idea/opportunity against specific screening variables.
• Research the potential of a particular idea/opportunity as a new venture.
• Analyse a range of risks associated with a new venture.
• Evaluate new venture ideas/opportunities based on research findings.
• Identify, gather and analyse the relevant information needed to compile a plan for a new venture.
• Formulate an ethical framework for the operational plans of a venture.
• Establish and prioritise business, financial and/or operations goals and objectives for new venture.
• Design and present business, financial and/or marketing plans based on a budget for a new venture.
• Design an action plan for a new venture.
• Set up business premises and operational systems.
• Implement business financial systems.
• Identify the risks associated with the new venture.
Delegates wishing to enroll on this programme should be competent in Computer Literacy, Mathematical Literacy and
Communications at NQF level 3.
RPL against these unit standards are allowed. Apply online by sending us your details / information.
Training Programme Duration: 4 Days.
Assessment: Portfolio of Evidence will be submitted within three months of completing the training. Assessment activities
include evaluating business plans.
Certification: This includes obtaining endorsement from the SETQAA.
• 114596 - Research the viability of new venture opportunities/ideas
• 114592 - Produce business plans for a new venture
• 263534 – Implement an action plan for a new venture
• First line managers
• Business owners
• Branch managers