Junior Management Skills (FOCUSED PACKAGE)
The purpose of this programme is to equip learners with the skills and competencies to lead and manage a team of first line managers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness. This programme is intended for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads; who may have more than one team reporting to them.
On completion of this programme learners will be able to:
- Develop operational strategies for a unit
- Develop an operation plan for a unit
- Implement an operational plan
- Monitor, measure and evaluate the achievement of goals and objectives
- Demonstrat knowledge of and insight into the need for change within the context of environment change
- Analyse an area requiring the implementation of a change process
- Able to select a model for implementing a change management process
- Formulate recommendations on implementing the change process
- Analyse leadership and related theories in a work context
- Apply a systems approach to decision making
- Empower team members through recognizing strengths, encouraging participation in decision making and delegating tasks
- Manage a diverse work force to add value
- Build teams to achieve goals and objectives
It is assumed that learners entering this programme are competent in:
- Communication at NQF Level 4
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 4
RPL against these unit standards are allowed. Application forms are available from our offices.
Training Programme Duration: 5 Days.
Assessment: A portfolio of evidence will be submitted within 3 months of completing the training.
Certification: This includes obtaining endorsement from the SETQAA.
- 252032 – Develop, implement and evaluate an operational plan
- 252021 – Formulate recommendations for a change process
- 120300 – Analyse leadership and related theories in a work context
- 252026 – Apply a systems approach to decision making
- 15224 – Empower team members through recognizing strengths, encouraging participation in decision making and delegating tasks
- 252043 – Manage a diverse work force to add value
- 252037 – Build teams to achieve goals and objectives
NQF Level: 5
This module is intended for anyone already employed in middle management but lacking the knowledge and skills, or anyone being considered for promotion to middle management.
- Skilled, knowledgeable and confident managers able to lead and manage a team of first line managers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness
- Improved competence and motivation of workforce
- Improved opportunities to claim skills grants