Finance for Non-Financial Managers (FOCUSED PACKAGE)
The purpose of this programme is to equip managers in all economic sectors with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to manage the finances of a unit. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
On completion of this programme learners will be able to:
- Demonstrating an understanding of the key concepts of managerial finance
- Interpreting financial statements
- Drafting financial forecasts
- Drafting budgets according to operational plans of the unit
- Supervising the financial management of a unit against given requirements
It is assumed that learners entering this programme are competent in:
- Communication at NQF Level 4
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 4
RPL against this unit standard is allowed. Application forms are available from our offices.
Training Programme Duration: 2 Days
Assessment: Portfolio of Evidence will be submitted within three weeks of completing the training. Assessment activities include evaluating all evidence related and produced during the finances management process.
Certification: This includes obtaining endorsement from the SETQAA.
- 252040 – Manage the Finances of a Unit.
NQF Level: 5
• Heads of Department
• Section Heads
• Divisional Heads
• Skilled, knowledgeable and confident managers able to manage risk, knowledge, finances
• Improved competence and motivation of workforce
• Improved opportunities to claim skills grants